This document describes the Official Rules of the Mana Base Logo Design Contest. Organised by The Mana Base. The object of this contest is to design a logo that will be used as the primary logo for TheManaBase.com. Information on how to enter and about prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistencies these rules will prevail.
Entry: means a logo design created by the Entrant for this contest.
Entrant: means the individual that offers the entry under the terms of this contest.
- The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
- Employees of The Mana Base, Fusion Gaming, the contest judges and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with The Mana Base as required below
How to Enter
- Initial entries must be emailed to email@example.com. The entries should be if possible in the form of a .JPEG, .PSD, or .PDF.
- The email must include: name, age, postal address, phone number, and email of the entrant.
- No more than 2 entries shall be permitted per entrant.
- Entries must conform to the guidelines listed below, any that do not will be automatically rejected.
- The deadline for entry is Midnight (one minute after 23:59) on April 30, 2017 Central Standard Time.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week, however we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
- The purpose of this contest is to design a logo for The Mana Base. The logo will be used on the website, facebook, twitter, print, clothing, and other merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, looking good on both large and small scales, the logo should be in colour but it looking good as well in black and white is key.
- Because of the requirement to register the logo as a Service Mark, Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. A logo that cannot be registered as a Service Mark, no matter how well crafted, cannot win the Contest.
- The logo must contain The Mana Base, using the initials M and B is an option as well, but being recognisable as the logo for the magic website that represents the average player is of the utmost importance.
Subject to legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced May 1st, 2017. Every effort will be made to contact the winner beforehand for the unveiling video so that they have ample time to attend but The Mana Base is unable to pay for travel and accommodations to the winner so that they can be in attendance.
- The winner will receive 1 box of Modern Masters 2017
- The winner will be able to identify him/herself as the logo designer
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winning design will be determined by judges appointed for the purpose by The Mana Base. Their decision will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The Mana Base reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries have been received.
- The Mana Base reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo over to The Mana Base.
- Accepting the prize constitutes The Mana Base to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of The Mana Base and may be displayed publicly on The Mana Base web site.
- The winning entry will be registered by The Mana Base as a Service Mark and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to The Mana base in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and The Mana Base in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and The Mana Base and relating to the Contest.